OSHA has minimum requirements for first aid kits in the workplace.
The following is a list for a small business with 2-3 employees. As your workforce increases, you may need to increase the number of supplies you carry. If you are in a large building, you may need multiple first aid kits placed in strategic locations so they are quickly accessible in the event of an emergency.
OSHA First Aid Kit Minimum Requirements:
- Gauze pads (at least 4 x 4 inches).
- Two large gauze pads (at least 8 x 10 inches).
- Box adhesive bandages (band-aids).
- One package gauze roller bandage at least 2 inches wide.
- Two triangular bandages.
- Wound cleaning agent such as sealed moistened towelettes.
- At least one blanket.
- Adhesive tape.
- Latex gloves.
- Resuscitation equipment such as resuscitation bag, airway, or pocket mask.
- Two elastic wraps.
- Directions for requesting emergency assistance.
In addition to the minimum requirements, it is a good idea to have at least one employee per shift who has received first aid training.
Invensure Insurance Brokers offers OSHA compliance assistance and safety programs for our clients in Southern California.
Call (800) 331-4700 to learn more.